Los Angeles is a city with many popular tea cafe’s that offer matcha tea drinks, which are made with finely ground green tea powder and hot water or milk. Matcha tea drinks are known for their health benefits, such as antioxidants, caffeine, and L-theanine, which can boost your energy, mood, and concentration.
In this list are cafes that have the best matcha beverages from latte’s to hot matcha tea. We just don’t list them accordingly, in fact, I have been to some and they are really worth it of your money. From the bright interiors and comfy ambience to the delicious matcha drinks; these cafes have it all. I recommend all of these spots to anyone who is looking for an enjoyable and authentic matcha experience.
Here is a compilation of my picks:
- Tea Master Matcha Cafe & Green Tea Shop¹⁵: This cafe in Little Tokyo specializes in matcha and green tea products, such as matcha latte, matcha frappe, matcha soft serve ice cream, and matcha cheesecake. They also sell high-quality matcha and green tea leaves from Japan. They are selling premium matcha tea powder. It maybe a little expensive but its super worth it.
- Cha Cha Matcha⁵⁶: This cafe has two locations in Los Angeles, one in Venice and one in West Hollywood. They offer a variety of matcha drinks and pastries, such as matcha latte, matcha lemonade, matcha croissant, and matcha soft serve. They also have other tea flavors, such as turmeric, lavender, and hojicha.
- Midori Matcha Cafe⁵⁶: This cafe in Little Tokyo serves organic matcha drinks and desserts, such as matcha latte, matcha frappe, matcha cake roll, and matcha mochi. They also have other tea flavors, such as jasmine, oolong, and earl grey.
- Maru Coffee⁵⁶: This coffee shop has two locations in Los Angeles, one in Los Feliz and one in Downtown. They serve high-quality coffee and tea drinks, including matcha latte, matcha cappuccino, and matcha affogato. They also have pastries and sandwiches from local bakeries. We haven’t visited this place but I heard their matcha drinks are very good.
- Matcha Village⁵⁶: This cafe in Sawtelle offers a variety of matcha drinks and desserts, such as matcha latte, matcha smoothie, matcha soft serve, and matcha tiramisu. They also have other tea flavors, such as rose, peach oolong, and brown sugar milk. You need to include this cafe on your list, their matcha tiramisu is really good. The cafe also has a cozy atmosphere and friendly staff, making it the perfect spot for a break from your hectic day.¹⁷ So next time you’re in Sawtelle, make sure to check out Matcha Village⁵⁶. They have something for everyone’s taste! Whether you’re looking for something sweet. Or something refreshing, they’ve got you covered.¹⁸
- Bopomofo Cafe: I recently found this awesome cafe in San Gabriel, CA. They have Taiwanese inspired dishes to die for. They have non-dairy options as well, for those who can’t/don’t eat dairy. All of their food is fresh and flavorful and you can taste the love in every bite. The cafe has a cozy atmosphere with wooden tables and chairs, it’s definitely worth checking out! Highly recommend! I’ve been here several times now – each time I’m always satisfied and happy. One of my favorite places to go for a relaxing meal. Highly recommend!
- Oh My Pan Bakery & Cafe: If you’ve dream of delicious and creamy matcha desserts, this place is for you. There are so many delicious treats to choose from, like matcha crème puffs, matcha éclairs and even matcha cupcakes. They also serve up some fantastic hot beverages too, like a rich and creamy Matcha Latte or a flavorful Matcha Green Tea. No matter what your craving is, Oh My Pan Bakery & Cafe has you covered! Plus, the atmosphere of the cafe is inviting and cozy- perfect for a relaxing date or catching up with friends. Give it a try, your taste buds will thank you for it. I guarantee it!
It’s never too late to become a matcha lover! Matcha tea is my go-to for an afternoon pick-me-up. Not only does it provide me with energy, but I love the flavor and its calming effects. From traditional green teas to specialty lattes and smoothies, matcha is an easy way to fill my day with healthy antioxidants. I’m always excited to try new recipes, so send me your favorites (or maybe even create one of your own!) and let’s get drinking! Cheers!
(1) The 15 Best Places for Matcha in Los Angeles – Foursquare. https://foursquare.com/top-places/los-angeles/best-places-matcha.
(2) TOP 10 BEST MATCHA DRINK in Los Angeles, CA – Yelp. https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Matcha+Drink&find_loc=Los+Angeles%2C+CA.
(3) Top 10 Best Matcha Tea in Los Angeles, CA – Yelp. https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=matcha+tea&find_loc=Los+Angeles%2C+CA.
(4) . https://bing.com/search?q=best+cafes+in+los+angeles+with+matcha+tea+drink.
(5) Cafe Dulce. https://cafedulcelittletokyo.square.site/.
(6) Philz Coffee. https://philzcoffee.com/locations/49.